Liit turns 27 today! As I celebrate my birthday, I want to reflect and share some life lessons I’ve learned so far in my 27 years of existence.
1. Life will hit you hard not just once but many times in your life.
2. You are braver than you think.
3. Happiness starts in you.
4. Learn to let go – whether it’s an opportunity you missed, a material thing you weren’t able to buy and most of all, a relationship that ended. Letting go gives you a better opportunity to receive what you truly deserve.
5. Less talk, less argument = less stress. Hence, always be the better person.
6. Money matters will always show the true colors of a person.
7. Greed ruins relationships.
8. Spend more time with your family.
9. Blood doesn’t define who’s your real family.
10. It’s okay to cut ties with people who don’t treat you as a family or even as a relative.
11. The best relationship begins unexpectedly.
12. No matter how many times you’ve been hurt in the past, there will always be one person who will love you and make you happy.
13. Choose to love the person everyday, even in bad days.
13. Know when to leave the company. The company can always replace you but you can never take back the time and effort you spent working for the company and the money you could have earned.
14. While it’s good to consider the salary, check also the workload if it’s worth it.
15. Yes, it’s flattering to receive better job offers from new companies every now and then; but, keep in mind that employers also consider one’s tenure.
16. Make it a habit to create a monthly budget and/or list of your expenses.
17. Save first before spending!
18. Saving is good but investing is better.
19. The best time to invest is when you’re ready.
20. Getting a life insurance isn’t about anticipating for your death. It’s an act of love for your family.
21. No matter how busy you are, dedicate at least 30 minutes for exercise.
22. Vegetable salads aren’t bad at all. (Tip: Try Roasted Sesame Salad Dressing)
23. Don’t just exercise to look sexy. Stay fit because you want to be healthy.
24. There’s nothing wrong in pampering yourself because you deserve it!
25. Traveling is a must to help you destress!
26. Try at least one new activity or sport when you have time.
Most of all, the most important among all these life lessons is to: NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, ALWAYS VALUE YOURSELF.
Wow, happy birthday, dear. Have a blast! I love all the lessons, especially no #24 & #25!
Thank you! Hooray to self-pampering and more travels!
I just turned 27 last month, and definitely learned these same lessons haha. Getting wiser 🙂
Experience is our best teacher that makes us wiser 🙂
Happy birthday! I remember being 27 — you sound wiser than I was at that time. Enjoy!
It’s great that in your age, you have realizations in life that will make you a better person. You will have more things to learn in life, you just have to be open minded and be a risk .taker.
Happy Birthday! “1. Life will hit you hard not just once but many times in your life.” will often teach you that “2. You are braver than you think.”. These lessons seem to start after we get out on our own.
awwww happy belated bday <3 I turned 22 on June 26th. I like that you made the list and very wise list of things 🙂
Thank you for the greeting!
I like this post! This is a nice idea. I love #25, travelling is such a de-stresser. Thanks for sharing! 🙂
Happy birthday! Such great lessons here.
Thank you for the greeting!
Happy birthday! What stage advice and points to share at such a pivotal time in life. Thank you how are the wisdom you have gained and are imparting. Best wishes!
I like the learning you’ve enumerated. Yes, happiness comes from you. And the others are just as true. Allow me please to print a copy so I would always be reminded of these.
All of these are good life lessons in your years. And choosing to love the person every day is such an important one, through good and bad.
This post made me smile. As more and more time goes by, it is amazing how much we learn and how much we still have left to learn. These are wonderful learnings! Happy belated birthday!
These are great lessons to learn. I can’t seem to get past #1. Life just keeps on keeping on, hitting where it can :). I definitely need to work more on 17.